Powered By Blogger

Tuesday 20 September 2011

Wednesday 7th September 2011

Today I was on day 2 of work placement at PRG (production resource group) http://www.prg.com/ in Dandgenong. I working with the lighting rigging crew to make looms for the several lighting trusses needed for the state school spectacular next week at Hisense Arena. I had to run out hundreds of meters worth of cable and then loom them together using electrical tape. Then I had to tag and label each loom at both ends with specifically coloured tape so that the crew next week will know exactly where the cable needs to go and which lighting truss it belongs to. I then put the looms into specific road-cases ready to be put on the truck on friday. It was a great experience to learn what goes into preparing for a production as big as the state school spectacular. Everyone at PRG were really nice and taught me heaps about different aspects of production that I had not have had experience in. Hopefully I will work alongside some of the crew from PRG during bump in for School Spec next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment